Calchaquies Valleys Tour
Viernes, 18 de Julio de 2014
The unique discovery of the Diaguitas and Calchaquies cultures through hand cut stones, grasslands full of llamas, a local cheese tasting and other pieces of inheritance
- The departure of this excursion is done from Tucumán, heading to the XVIIth century Jesuits ruins San José del Monte de los Indios Lule.
- Driving through sugar and blueberry plantations, we will go until la Quebrada de los Sosa, made of tortuous roads.
- Then, going through a jungle’s lush vegetation, with its multiples cristal clear water courses draining from the highest mountains peaks, we will arrive near the village of Tafi del Valles, where the exuberant vegetation turns into a soft and natural mountain’s meadow.
- Here we will can admire a magnificient view of the Angostura dyke, then visit Tafi del Valles, El Mollar’s village, and its Menhirs, enigmatic cut stones which are over 2000 years of age.
- The old Banda jesuit chapel from 1718 will reveal the secrets of the creation of the firsts Tafinistos cheeses, named after the village.
- Back to San Miguel de Tucumán, we will have a drive into the principal garden 9 de Julio.
- Personalized excursion in a vintage convertible car: Ford A Phaeton from 1929
- About 240 km, in 12 hours
- Beginning at 08:00 AM
- Available the whole year long
- Private and trilingual guide: English, French, Spanish
- Additional booklet with further information about the ride
- At noon, basket of a delicate brunch made of local specialties and a local red wine.
- Tea/Picnic service. Range of teas, served in the Argentinian tradition with some regional products
- Cup of Champagne at the end of the tour
- Premium services available
- Exclusive certificate of participation to the excursion in a vintage car.